Thursday, March 1, 2012

All About Frames



I adore frames because their use is endless and their presence in a room is undeniable.  They can hang empty, their silhouettes the focus, cover an entire wall or just sit unassuming on a dresser.  They can hold priceless works of art and precious family portraits.  I am obsessed with anything gilded, ornate, carved, worn or handmade.  Here are a few favorites.  What are yours? 



I am so drawn to family photos old and new.  They are such a connection to the past and a reminder of where we come from.  




The placement of these over the bench is a definite statement!






This is simply delicious.  I want to live in this space!!  Wide crown molding, beige walls, ornate mirror, stunning hutch, warm light, eclectic frames... perfect.





I want every gilded frame in this picture.





I bought this beautiful print of a graveyard statue from photographer Chris Honeysett at the Filmore Jazz Fest.  He  owns a gallery and framing store in San Rafael.  I find this photo so striking because of the way she is looking down and that she has moss delicately covering her body in a way that only nature could create.  She's forever frozen in time watching over the dead and while that sounds pretty morbid, I don't find the photo dark in anyway.  It's a perfectly serene image.   My fiance and I searched for a worthy frame and finally had one made for an amazing price at Back to the Picture in the Mission.  I wasn't sure if the gold detail, dark wood, and narrow width would work, but it's now my favorite piece of art in our apartment!  Chris, if you read this, sorry for my crappy photo of your work!











No comments:

Post a Comment