Monday, April 16, 2012

Practical Uses for Impractical Bird Cages

I can't quite pin down the reason I love bird cages so much.  I don't want an actual bird- too messy and noisy.  Without a bird there seems to be no practical purpose for owning a cage.  But then again, people have created some elegant design possibilities with these unlikely props that make having one a little less ridiculous.


An unlikely book case.

awelldressedhome.com



This vintage yellow highlights all the cage's detail.

cheryl-comfort.blogspot.com













Such a unique floral idea with the rusty metal cage.
google.com


I like how this one is tucked in the corner by old portraits and a French envelope window shade.  


Charming place card holder.  


Clean and bright room with a rustic cage.

lovecreativerooms.blogspot.com


A shabby chic look with china and roses.





Here's my own bird cage.  The first gift from my sweetheart when we started dating (very thoughtful indeed).  It usually sits by the window on a table, but after these inspiring designs I might rethink my decision!




No comments:

Post a Comment