Thursday, May 3, 2012

Moss and Moss: A Mill Valley Gem

Moss and Moss is a charming antique store in Mill Valley, California.  I stumbled upon it while visiting the town for dinner.  It is in the same 1920s Spanish style building as El Paseo, a restaurant owned by chef Tyler Florence and exVan Halen lead singer Sammy Hagar.  I saw the antique sign (pictured below) and walked through a dimly lit wandering alley in search of the store.  I hesitated when I saw the alley had become a restaurant and then realized where I was.  El Paseo extends through various rooms and courtyards off of the alley in a truly unique fashion.  At the end Moss and Moss was waiting.  Immediately I loved the eclectic and curious selection of antiques within.  There was even a piano player adding soft melodies to my browsing.  Definitely a place to stop at either before of after dinner at El Paseo!





























No comments:

Post a Comment