Monday, March 19, 2012

Intriguing Interior Visions




 

Carol Coleman and partner Richard Sepulveda have been bringing art and antiquity to Polk Street since 1993.  Their storefront boasts ornate chandeliers, gilded framed art and heirloom furniture that acts as a high powered magnet to my soul.  There is no possible way I could just walk by without peeking in.  And by that I mean wandering aimlessly through the treasures and losing all sense of time.



On my initial visit I didn't realize Carol and Richard started out only selling traditional fine art paintings and later broadened their collection to include antiques.  Everything is so well placed it's like being in someone's manor home full of valuable family artifacts.   They even have a bird in a large, vintage cage whose melodies are reminiscent of another era...perfectly charming.



I didn't know what to showcase in this house of luxury so I asked Carol what she loves in the store.  She pointed up and said, "chandeliers."  And so this post is all about Carol's shimmering and glamorous ceiling full of chandeliers.  



Striking Crystal Chandeliers 










1920s Alabaster 








Ornate Brass 







There is a profound elegance and soft nature to any antique chandelier.  Such attention to detail is so seldom replicated in today's pieces.  They can make a bedroom romantic, a dinning table stately,  a baby's room sweet, and a closet decadent.  I look forward to the day when I can hang one in any of those places! 

To shop for indulgences go to Interior Visions 2206 Polk Street
www.interiorvisionssanfranciscofineartgallery.com




1 comment:

  1. Me Likey. I used to work at a Lighting Showroom in the Design Center where we had all these vintage chandeliers as well as newer ones - Waterford, Bacarrat and Zwarovski Crystal, as well as some Murano from Italy - I loved all the bling.

    ReplyDelete