Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Masculine Office Ideas

My fiancé has been interested in updating his home office and suggested I blog about office furnishings.   I know what I want for my office space, which doesn't exist at the moment by the way, but finding furniture that is a good compromise between my more feminine taste and his masculine preferences was somewhat of a challenge.  It's not like his office is in some back bedroom (it's in a living room nook, formerly a Murphy bed alcove!)  It's a great space, but definitely has to tie into our existing style. 

I went through countless online catalogues and images in search of masculine design with an antique feel.  I discovered a common theme targeted at men seems to be sleek and modern, but I finally found pieces we could both agree on, here’s a look:







 When we first moved in together and were buying furniture I figured out the key to the masculine edge that was in my comfort zone.  For me masculine vintage lies on an industrial spectrum, i.e. rivets, patinas, imperfect wood, less ornate details.  This I love almost as much as my feminine whimsical, romantic side.  It's the yin to my yang! 







 And so while there may be roses in antique silver vases and tattered old books in the apartment, they will undoubtedly be sitting on top of a recycled metal table or a rough sawn wood desk…and I think it's perfect!  




No comments:

Post a Comment